Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kenya - Part 1

Last week I returned from a trip to Kenya. I went on behalf of David's Hope International and was serving with a local pastor and friend, Steve Njenga. It was the second time I have visited Kenya and the first time in 4+ years. Most of my time was focused around work going on in a small, rural, mountainside community called Eburru. Its situated about 3 hours southwest of Nairobi, surrounded by farm land and accessed via a single dirt road. David's Hope International has formed a partnership with Pastor Steve and a local ministry called Camp Brethren Ministries to care for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the children in Eburru all in the name of Jesus Christ.

I plan to share several stories and photos from my time in Kenya over the next several days via this blog. Once you get out of the traffic and pollution of Nairobi, Kenya is a naturally beautiful place from the Mountainous peaks to the friendly locals to the exotic wildlife. There is no room for the bland or nondescript. Below is a variety of sights I encountered in Eburru.

From top to bottom: Plateau in Eburru, John, flamingos migrating from Nakuru to Naivasha, starry night, bird in an old barn.















0 comments:

Post a Comment