Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Summer Job


This summer I've spent a lot of time at weddings.  I've listened to the hottest DJ hits.  Tasted the finest cakes.  Learned the freshest dance moves.  I've picked up a summer job (to compliment my full time corporate gig) assisting my buddy Garrett shooting weddings.  It's been a huge blessing working with someone like Garrett as I learn the ropes of wedding photography and sharpen my chops.   Garrett has mad-skills when it comes to photography.  We have been working well together and really have a good time doing it.  Our goal is simple - to try to capture the essence of the moment and tell the story of each of these unique celebrations.  The goal is simple.  Achieving it is the challenge.

Since I am hired by Garrett he owns all the photos from the wedding - whether he took them or  I did.  So you won't see any of the photos on here but you can check them out on his website.  Earlier this summer we shot Michelle and Brandon's wedding in Poolsville, MD and then Kim and Kevin's wedding in Annapolis, MD.  Last weekend we shot a wedding in Chantilly, VA  and the weekend before one in Erie, PA and one in Annapolis, MD.  Those pics to come later.  This picture above is after a long days drive to Erie and then a night at Meghan and Jeremy's rehearsal dinner at the lake. We were waiting for a ride.  This is how photographers amuse themselves or something.  

For more of Garrett's wedding photography check out his website.

1 comments:

Garrett Hubbard said...

Kevin. I am so thankful for your great photos, outstanding work-ethic, and fantastic attitude at weddings. I don't think I could find a better second photographer and partner-in-crime. I love the photo of us you put up there! Did you know that I always brag to my wedding clients how awesome you are? You are a good man Wiley, thankful to call you my friend.

Post a Comment